Shipping & Receiving Associate
We are looking for a specialty coffee enthusiast who is interested in working with a dynamic, growing company. The ideal candidate is a dependable, hard-working, detail-oriented individual, able to work efficiently and flexibly within a small team setting.
Responsibilities & Requirements (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Detail-oriented picking, double-checking, and packing of coffeehouse and gourmet beverage products for ground and LTL shipment, as well as customer pickup.
- Accurately utilize various shipping software applications as well as inventory management software. Schedule freight and create BOL’s for LTL shipments.
- Safely operate a walk-behind, straddle-stacker style forklift and manual pallet jacks to arrange, load, and unload freight.
- Organize inventory according to movement volume and monitor best-by dating. Conduct regular cycle-count inventories as well as quarterly and end-of-year counts.
- Cordially interact with customers during visits and product pick-ups.
- Monitor and reorder packaging supplies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Assist S&R and Coffee Production team with routine cleaning and GMP checklist duties to comply with FDA requirements.
- Accountability includes various building maintenance and common area duties as well as flexibility to assist in other departments when needed.
- Ability to repeatedly lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted and stand/move for 8-9 hrs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse and/or inventory control experience required.
- Basic computer and data entry skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP)
- Flexibility to quickly shift focus and assist where needed.
- Ability to communicate with and anticipate teammate needs.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced, ever-changing warehouse environment.